- 24 ounces sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 6 ounces white sugar
- 3 ounces butter, softened
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces milk
- 8 ounces coconut flakes
- 3 ounces All-purpose flour
- 8 ounces (packed) brown sugar
- 8 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 3 ounces butter- melted
- In a bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes with the softened butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat mixture well and then transfer to a large baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flakes with flour, brown sugar, melted butter and chopped walnuts. Pour this into the baking dish to top the sweet potatoes. Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 35 minutes. Serve hot.